Rapid Rise in Agriculture Industry to Fuel Demand for Mechanized Irrigation Systems

Published By : 26 Apr 2016 | Published By : QYRESEARCH

The global market for mechanized irrigation systems is experiencing an exponential rise in its valuation. The expansion in the agriculture industry has fueled the demand for mechanized irrigation systems across the world. The increasing need for food, propelled by the worldwide rise in the population, has stimulated the agricultural industry in the global arena.

Developed economies are focusing more on the effective usage of water resources with nominal wastage. Most of the nursery crops, gardens, and lawns are watered using mechanized irrigation systems in order to reduce the cost of labors thereby, propelling the demand for mechanized irrigation systems significantly. Here is a snapshot of how the major segments of the global mechanized irrigation systems market has fared over the years:

  • In 2015, North America led the global market for mechanized irrigation systems with a share of 34%. Countries such as Canada, the U.S., and Mexico are driving the North America mechanized irrigation systems market significantly.
  • Center pivot irrigation systems enjoy the highest demand in the global market. The segment occupied a share of approximately 69% of the overall market in 2015 and was closely followed by the lateral move irrigation systems segment, which accounted for the remaining share of 31%.
  • The application of mechanized irrigation systems is the highest in the agriculture sector. The segment accounted for a share of approximately 68% of the overall demand for these systems in 2015.
  • The lawns and gardens segment held a share of around 17% and the nursery crops segment and the land application wastes segment together acquired the rest 15% of the total demand for mechanized irrigation systems in 2015.

The worldwide market for mechanized irrigation systems is extremely fragmented in nature. Valmont Industries, T-L Irrigation, Rivulis Irrigation, Reinke Manufacturing Co. Inc., Premier Irrigation Adritec, Netafim Ltd., Lindsay Corp., Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., EPC Industries Ltd., and Driptech India Pvt. Ltd. are the key producers of mechanized irrigation systems in the global arena.

Back To Top